Quads & Buses

We visited my Aunt and Uncle this weekend in Phoenix. They have a place way out on the edge of the desert. Eric and Casey were there as well!
On Saturday Eric, Sarah, my Uncle and I rode out into the desert mountains on their quads. For those of you who haven't ridden before quads are mini 4-wheel-drive off-road bikes. They are also wicked fun! I didn't take enough photos since I didn't want the dust getting into my new camera. Trust me there was dust everywhere. When we got back I looked like I had a dust beard.
We followed Eric through some of his favorite trails; up steep hills, along dry river beds, twisting through cacti, between rock walls, and down boulder fields. Sarah was the only newbie rider among us, but she kept up with no problem. She charged up embankments that Eric claims a lot of people are too afraid to go up!
After soaking in the pool and relaxing that afternoon we had a wonderful home-cooked paella for dinner. There were a few rounds of Catch-phrase, always a favorite, and we ended the evening under the stars enjoying a fire.
It was a great weekend with family!

Quads & Buses

0 comments:

Post a Comment