Some Recent Hikes

After the heavy rains in southern California and Arizona there was quite a nice white blanket on the surrounding mountains. No sooner than the snow appeared, the Arizona sun started melting it. Knowing that meltwater flow would be impressive in Sabino Canyon we headed over and played around by the absolutely frigid rushing brook. I played at making a boulder bridge but was defeated by the strong current. Sarah laughed at me and documented, see photos.
Sabino meltwater
This past weekend I was really eager to see the snow in person, and Sarah had some errands to run so I headed up Mt. Lemmon solo. I hiked a ridge that had always been in my sights, and traversed back down. I saw some cool brushfire trees and even a lone snowman!
Bear Canyon Ridge

0 comments:

Post a Comment