First Week of Pre-K







Well, I'm officially exhausted. After only three full days of being responsible for the care and growth of 22 four-year-olds I'm gaining a new appreciation for the word. My voice is especially tender from repetitions of "we use our words when we feel sad," "wow, what wonderful artwork," and "I see John is helping to clean up." Of course, there has also been plenty of "we do not hit in this class room," "boys and girls, please show me that you are listening," and "running through the classroom is not safe. We use walking feet." My repertoire of children's songs and attention getting games is quickly broadening (I study my Wee Sing book every night). While I am indeed drained and overwhelmed at times, I feel confident and satisfied that things are definitely going well. I understand that it will take some time for the both me and the class to get into the swing of things comfortably. It would be quite odd for so many four year olds to be consistently sharing, quiet and still. I really feel like things are going great so far. One thing is for sure, the kids are having fun and I am sleeping like a baby.

Cute quote from today:
After Tyra sang the ABC song, ending with the words, "Now I know my ABC's, next time won't you sing with me," Kinleigh looked at me indignantly, saying, "Hey! Those are my ABC's!"

Here are some pictures of my classroom, before the first day of school.

0 comments:

Post a Comment